Suárez and Messi still training apart from first team squad
Club representatives hope the attacking duo can join up with the rest of the squad as both players face a race against the clock to be fit for the Valencia match.
Both Luis Suárez and Leo Messi were absentees from today's Barcelona training session as Ernesto Valverde prepares his side for the home game against Valencia on Saturday (September 14 at 2100 CEST).
Both players are carrying out specific fitness plans as they recover from their respective injuries with club officials optimistic both men will be ready for Saturday and then for the Group F opener as Barça kick-start their Champions League campaign against Borussia Dortmund.
Hopes at the Catalan club are that Luis Suarez will join training with the rest of his team mates on Wednesday with the striker having come to the end of the recuperation process after tearing a calf muscle in his right leg. Everything points to the Uruguayan striker being ready for Saturday with it unlikely that the forward will start at Camp Nou.
Leo Messi picked up his calf injury on his first day back with the club after his summer break on August 5th. The Argentine was poised for a return to action coinciding with the visit of Real Betis with a relapse at the eleventh hour forcing the Rosario born player to delay his return. It's mooted that Messi will secure some playing time in the LaLiga clash against Valencia and then start in the away game in Germany in the Champions League on September 17.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?