LA Galaxy haunted again by the MLS playoff ghosts of the past
Zlatan and company once again find themselves in playoff predicament since they're below the qualification zone with six games remaining into the season.
Once again, LA Galaxy is embroiled in doubts about whether or not they will reach the MLS postseason. What looked like a promising campaign for Zlatan and company is starting to look a lot like the last 2018 season with the franchise outside the qualifying zone with six games remaining in the regular season.
With a quality squad with the likes of Ibrahimovic, Jona dos Santos, or newly signed Cristian Pavon, Galaxy still needs to fight for a playoff spot.
LA Galaxy currently sits eight in the Western Conference standings with 42 points, behind FC Dallas, Portland Timbers, and Real Salt Lake by one and two points behind the San Jose Earthquakes. In order to secure a place in the postseason Galaxy need to win their remaining matches.
Only FOUR POINTS separate 2-8 in the West. 😱 pic.twitter.com/D7faKhBvs8— Major League Soccer (@MLS) September 8, 2019
Galaxy's schedule to come is relatively simple, as they will face four bottom league teams, Colorado Rapids, Sporting Kansas, Vancouver Whitecaps and Houston Dynamo. But the real challenge will come when Barros Schelotto's team go against Montreal Impact and Real Salt Lake, two teams alos fighting for a playoff spot.
Ghosts from the past
The story seems to be repeating for the Carson based team, since they sat seventh in the 2018 campaign, also on the line to qualify into playoffs, but their last game against Houston left them out of the MLS postseason. This season, Galaxy's final game will also be against the Texan side.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?