USA draws against Uruguay but fails to convince
Berhalter fails to convince when the United States men's national team goes against top-ranked teams, proving his process is still green and in need of a leader
The United States men's national team after losing against Mexico for the second time in a row required a victory against Uruguay, not just because the people are asking for a win of their team, but also because for this match, the USMNT wouldn't count with its stars, Pulisic, McKennie, and Steffen.
The way Gregg Berhalter manages the US team is provoking a lot of questions when facing top teams, and the game against Uruguay wasn't an exception, as despite the American side getting a lot of ball control, they failed to do any harm.
The first half ended with a no goals score, with Uruguay letting the USMNT take all the initiative of the game, but USA with the ball displayed more of their mistakes than their successes, living a more questionable atmosphere around Berhalter's decisions.
Uruguay with Brian Rodriguez, open up the score to give Uruguay the lead when the second half was practically starting, letting the USMNT suffering as they tried to find a way to level up the game.
A late fortunate goal from Jordan Morris gave the United States team the draw with ten minutes left in the game, but despite the Americans goal, doubts still surround the Gregg Berhalter era.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus