USA draws against Uruguay but fails to convince
Berhalter fails to convince when the United States men's national team goes against top-ranked teams, proving his process is still green and in need of a leader
The United States men's national team after losing against Mexico for the second time in a row required a victory against Uruguay, not just because the people are asking for a win of their team, but also because for this match, the USMNT wouldn't count with its stars, Pulisic, McKennie, and Steffen.
The way Gregg Berhalter manages the US team is provoking a lot of questions when facing top teams, and the game against Uruguay wasn't an exception, as despite the American side getting a lot of ball control, they failed to do any harm.
The first half ended with a no goals score, with Uruguay letting the USMNT take all the initiative of the game, but USA with the ball displayed more of their mistakes than their successes, living a more questionable atmosphere around Berhalter's decisions.
Uruguay with Brian Rodriguez, open up the score to give Uruguay the lead when the second half was practically starting, letting the USMNT suffering as they tried to find a way to level up the game.
A late fortunate goal from Jordan Morris gave the United States team the draw with ten minutes left in the game, but despite the Americans goal, doubts still surround the Gregg Berhalter era.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return