Bale and little more
It was a disappointing opening for Real Madrid in this new edition of the Champions League. PSG was superior in the way they developed the game compared with Zidane's side, finding the space between the midfielders and the defensive line too easily. With the ball there were some good periods of play, with a sense of control and some dangerous approach play.
Madrid lost in Paris
On an individual level, only the work of Gareth Bale can be highlighted as a positive, especially in the first half. The Welshman is still battling to truly become an undisputed starter for the team this season but the best attacking action from Los Blancos came from his boots.
Both Benzema and Hazard were cut off from much of the game. James likewise could not find his place and spent far too many minutes away from the opposition penalty box, the area where the Colombian tends to show his best form.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online