Bale and little more
It was a disappointing opening for Real Madrid in this new edition of the Champions League. PSG was superior in the way they developed the game compared with Zidane's side, finding the space between the midfielders and the defensive line too easily. With the ball there were some good periods of play, with a sense of control and some dangerous approach play.
Madrid lost in Paris
On an individual level, only the work of Gareth Bale can be highlighted as a positive, especially in the first half. The Welshman is still battling to truly become an undisputed starter for the team this season but the best attacking action from Los Blancos came from his boots.
Both Benzema and Hazard were cut off from much of the game. James likewise could not find his place and spent far too many minutes away from the opposition penalty box, the area where the Colombian tends to show his best form.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPAIN Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
- FOOTBALL Photo of Ajax youth player, David Easmon, goes viral
- Premier League Man United: world class players and youth as net debt soars
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James to miss six weeks with knee injury
- PSG Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
- EURO 2020 Low lists teams ahead of Germany at Euro 2020