Bale and little more
It was a disappointing opening for Real Madrid in this new edition of the Champions League. PSG was superior in the way they developed the game compared with Zidane's side, finding the space between the midfielders and the defensive line too easily. With the ball there were some good periods of play, with a sense of control and some dangerous approach play.
Madrid lost in Paris
On an individual level, only the work of Gareth Bale can be highlighted as a positive, especially in the first half. The Welshman is still battling to truly become an undisputed starter for the team this season but the best attacking action from Los Blancos came from his boots.
Both Benzema and Hazard were cut off from much of the game. James likewise could not find his place and spent far too many minutes away from the opposition penalty box, the area where the Colombian tends to show his best form.
Te recomendamos en English
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Spain's late escape, as Brazil line up Mexico
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Team USA into quarters as Durant and Tatum star
- GOLD CUP USA vs Mexico: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system