Manchester United: Pogba wants out but no big loss - Scholes
Real Madrid failed to complete a deal to sign Paul Pogba from Manchester United, but Paul Scholes thinks the midfielder wants to go.
Paul Pogba will not be a big loss to Manchester United should he leave, according to club great Paul Scholes.
Pogba announced at the end of the 2018-19 season that he wanted to depart Old Trafford, with Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez recently confirming he tried to sign the France midfielder.
But a move failed to materialise and Pogba started the new Premier League campaign at United, though he is currently injured.
United may have made Cristiano-style deal with Pogba, says Scholes
Scholes suggested the club may have asked Pogba to give them another year, similar to before Cristiano Ronaldo was allowed to join Madrid in 2009.
"I think it's quite clear he wants to move on," said Scholes, a 13-time Premier League winner during his career-long association with United.
"He wanted to go to Real Madrid, for whatever reason it didn't happen.
"I wouldn't be surprised if the same offer had been made like with Cristiano when he was at United.
"If they've asked him to stay for a year we'll see what happens, but I don't think he'll be a big loss to United.
"I don't think his form has been great anyway, over the two or three years he's been there. I'm sure there are more players who can do just as good a job."
United play their opening Europa League match against Astana on Thursday.
Pogba is expected to be sidelined by an ankle injury that caused him to miss international duty with World Cup winners France.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"