Zlatan Ibrahimovic more lethal at home than on the road
The LA Galaxy captain has better numbers when he is at his home field, while the visiting games are more complicated for the Swedish Lion's scoring rates.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic had an outstanding performance during the weekend with LA Galaxy, scoring a hat-trick during his team's 7-2 victory over Sporting Kansas City, something that usually happens when the Swedish Lion plays at home in the Dignity Health Sports Park.
Since Zlatan's arrival in the MLS, the former PSG striker has scored 48 goals in 52 games, 34 of which were scored at the LA squad's field, indicating that 70% of Ibrahimovic's goals happen at the Carson City Stadium.
The LA captain has scored only 14 goals away from home since landing in the States, scoring more than one goal when visiting LAFC, Sporting Kansas or the San Jose Earthquakes, adding a five-game streak without scoring as a visitor this season.
The Swede striker feels more comfortable playing at home, proved by the 19 goals he has scored so far this season at Dignity Health Sports Park of the 26 he has managed in the current campaign. Zlatan's rates at his home field have him netting more than one goal on seven occasions, with two hat-tricks.
LA Galaxy playoff run
After Los Angeles Galaxy's win over Sporting KC, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and company are back in the playoff zone, with four games remaining in the regular season. They still need to face Montreal and Vancouver in LA, while they'll face road games against RSL and Houston Dynamo.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth