David Silva set to join Beckham's MLS side Inter Miami
Manchester City playmaker David Silva is reportedly set to join MLS side Inter Miami in 2020.
Inter Miami have found their star signing, and are set to land Manchester City playmaker David Silva.
The MLS side, set to start playing next year, have been linked with numerous big names, with Barcelona star Lionel Messi among them.
But they appear to have found the man to lead them into their debut campaign.
David Silva to Inter Miami
David Silva is likely to join Inter Miami at the end of the 2019-20 season, according to the Independent.
The 33-year-old has previously said this campaign would be his last with Manchester City, the club he arrived at in 2010.
David Beckham is a co-owner of Inter Miami and it seems they are set to land the star they have been chasing.
- Unsurprisingly, Erling Haaland's Champions League exploits have led to interest from a couple of Europe's biggest clubs. The RB Salzburg forward, 19, scored a hat-trick against Genk on Tuesday. Barcelona have watched Haaland previously, according to Mundo Deportivo, while The Sun reports Manchester United have also joined the race for the Norway international.
- Barcelona may be busy in January, but only with departures. Marca reports the LaLiga giants are not planning to make any signings despite continued interest in Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar, but are considering selling first-team players Ivan Rakitic, Samuel Umtiti and Arturo Vidal.
- Mason Greenwood is set to re-sign with Manchester United. The Sun reports the forward, who scored his first senior goal for the club in the Europa League on Thursday, will sign a new contract before his 18th birthday on October 1, taking his wages from £800 to £25,000 per week.
- Antoine Griezmann made the move from Atletico Madrid to Barcelona in the close season and the forward received quite the bonus. The France international landed a €14million commission to sign for Barcelona, according to El Mundo.
- Like Haaland, another RB Salzburg player is being chased by a Premier League club. Arsenal have made a fresh approach for playmaker Dominik Szoboszlai, according to The Sun, having also chased the 18-year-old Hungarian during the close season.
- There appears to be some tension at Inter. Romelu Lukaku and Marcelo Brozovic exchanged words in the dressing room and had to be separated by team-mates after a 1-1 Champions League draw at home to Slavia Prague on Tuesday, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.