FC Barcelona open the door to Megan Rapinoe
The US women's national team captain declared her love for the Catalan club, saying she would like to end her career with them, with Barça open to the idea.
A few days ago Megan Rapinoe proclaimed her love for Barcelona, mentioning she would like to move to the Iberdrola league with the Catalonian women's side, something the Spanish giants have been considering.
Barça women are having an outstanding start to the season first beating CD Tacon 9-1, then overcoming Atlético Madrid 6-1 as well as starting their Champions League journey with a victory over Juventus. Maria Teixidor, manager of the women's team in an interview with Goal, announced that she believes Barça will be in a position to sign such a player as the USWNT captain.
Rapinoe's wish to play in Spanish football might become a reality as Teixidor believes there's a grand possibility for her to be signed by Barcelona. However, Teixidor also mentioned she doesn't believe the women's league is at the same standing as the men's game in regards to noise around player transfers.
The Barcelona manager also talked about the impact Megan Rapinoe is having on women's football, taking advantage of her position to create consciousness around the sport.
"People with such integrity and aware in this fight is so important for so many people and assume that leadership position deserves all the respect," she concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win