FC Barcelona open the door to Megan Rapinoe
The US women's national team captain declared her love for the Catalan club, saying she would like to end her career with them, with Barça open to the idea.
A few days ago Megan Rapinoe proclaimed her love for Barcelona, mentioning she would like to move to the Iberdrola league with the Catalonian women's side, something the Spanish giants have been considering.
Barça women are having an outstanding start to the season first beating CD Tacon 9-1, then overcoming Atlético Madrid 6-1 as well as starting their Champions League journey with a victory over Juventus. Maria Teixidor, manager of the women's team in an interview with Goal, announced that she believes Barça will be in a position to sign such a player as the USWNT captain.
Rapinoe's wish to play in Spanish football might become a reality as Teixidor believes there's a grand possibility for her to be signed by Barcelona. However, Teixidor also mentioned she doesn't believe the women's league is at the same standing as the men's game in regards to noise around player transfers.
The Barcelona manager also talked about the impact Megan Rapinoe is having on women's football, taking advantage of her position to create consciousness around the sport.
"People with such integrity and aware in this fight is so important for so many people and assume that leadership position deserves all the respect," she concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Helen McCrory dies: what where her most famous roles? Peaky Blinders, Harry Potter...
- US NEWS Shooting at FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis leaves eight dead
- NFL NFL Draft 2021 top prospects: the 10 best players
- CORONAVIRUS Will a third vaccine dose for covid-19 be needed in the future?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How many people have received their third stimulus checks?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?