Jill Ellis named FIFA The Best coach of the year
After making history in the 2019 France World Cup by leading the United States women's national team to back-to-back championships, Ellis wins The Best.
Jill Ellis, closes a supreme career as the United States women's national team coach with the 2019 FIFA 'The Best' for best coach of the year, an award hard to dispute to the English-born American strategist.
Ellis led the United States squad to its second consecutive world cup in Lyon when the American side beat 2-0 the Netherlands in the final.
Jill Ellis will step down as US coach next month, but her historic career in women's football would mark an era for what women's can achieve, being the perfect example of discipline and perseverance.
After the 2015 Canada world cup, Jill Ellis also won the best coach FIFA award, being this her second women's best coach award, getting both after winning the Women's world cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?