Cristiano: Portugal team Twitter responds to Messi The Best win
Minutes after Cristiano Ronaldo came third in the voting for The Best FIFA Men's Player 2019, the Portugal team's community managers issued a pointed response.
The Portuguese Football Federation wasted no time in offering a pointed response to Lionel Messi being named 2019's The Best FIFA Men's Player on Monday night.
Ronaldo comes third behind Messi, Van Dijk
Juventus and Portugal star Ronaldo, who won Best Men's Player in 2016 and 2017, came third in the voting for this year's award, behind Messi and Virgil van Dijk.
"THE BEST EVER"
And just minutes after the Argentine collected the prize at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan, the Portugal national team's official Twitter account posted a picture of Seleçao captain Ronaldo, with the caption: "THE BEST EVER".
For the second consecutive year, the forward did not attend FIFA's annual awards ceremony - on this occasion, it was claimed, because he is recovering from an injury.
Ronaldo in FIFA FIFPro World 11
Although Cristiano missed out on scooping the third Best Men's Player accolade of his career, he was included in the 2019 men's FIFA FIFPro World 11.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Beckham's Inter Miami make late bid for Edinson Cavani
- Football Kompany believes diversity in football needs to start at the top
- 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic Tournament Reinier stars in Brazil win as Tokyo 2020 qualification looms closer
- REAL ZARAGOZA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Another chance for Vinicius to impress
- Rumour Has It: Barcelona give up on Rodrigo, Fernandes to Man Utd finally done
- Copa del Reu Iñaki Williams thanks Tenerife fans for 'No to Racism' display