In hand with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Galaxy is back into playoffs
LA Galaxy went back to the field that saw them kicked out of last season postseason, a sour memory, one that is replaced by clinching they're playoff spot since 2016.
A game that was looking slow and numb for all the first half found its spark and intensity during the second half, getting the LA Galaxy back into the victory path away from home.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic and company required a road victory, and after being kicked out from last season playoffs in the hands of Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium, Galaxy wanted to erase those memories and secure its place in this year's postseason.
Galaxy took its chances and thanks to Cristian Pavon opening the score after a fabulous assist from the Swedish Lion, Barros Schelotto side breath as they took the lead and edged closer to a victory on the road, something that didn't happen to the LA side since June.
The captain, Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in charge of putting the cherry on top to tonight's match, scoring the winning goal to clinch a Western Conference playoff spot.
The desired spot, Galaxy wanted to take, as the Carson team haven't reached the playoffs since the 2016 season, but now they have a new chance in its quest to conquer the MLS Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale