Liverpool place in Carabao Cup in jeopardy over registration error
In the game against MK Dons, Kloop rotated heavily, but the could be kicked out of the Carabao Cup over an unregistered player.
Liverpool face elimination from the Carabao Cup as the EFL investigate whether they fielded an ineligible player or not in their victory over MK Dons during the week, James Pearce of the Athletic reports.
The player involved in the investigation has not been named but it is believed that he was not properly registered as the EFL look into the issue.
Liverpool have acknowledged the investigation and told the Athletic: "The club are aware of a potential administrative issue pertaining to one of our players."
They refused to comment further, however, until the process of investigation was complete.
Liverpool do face elimination but they could also be fined for the breach depending on the EFL's findings.
The team Klopp picked was filled with youngsters and fringe players as he rotated heavily ahead of the Premier League game against Sheffield United on Saturday. They will play Arsenal in the next round if they are allowed to continue.
Liverpool line-up versus MK Dons in Carbao Cup
Kelleher, Hoever, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Keita, Elliott, Brewster, Jones
Subs: Lonergan, Chirivella, van den Berg, Longstaff, Kane, Lewis, Clarkson
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds