Real Madrid: James out of Brugge game with knock, Bale rested
After picking up a knock, James has been omitted from Real Madrid's Champion League clash with Club Brugge as a precaution.
Gareth Bale and James Rodríguez were surprise absentees when Real Madrid on Monday announced their squad to face Club Brugge in the Champions League (Tuesday, 18:55 CEST).
Bale rested, James left out as precaution
It is understood that Bale has been left out to allow the Welshman to rest, while James' unexpected exclusion is for fitness reasons.
Having played just 13 minutes of Saturday's LaLiga draw with Atlético Madrid, the Colombian had appeared odds-on to start against Brugge, but AS has been told that he has been omitted from the Group A clash as a precaution after picking up a knock.
James expected to be OK to face Granada
The problem is not considered to be serious - indeed, James was able to complete training with the rest of the first-team squad on Monday - and the 28-year-old is expected to be fully fit for this Saturday's LaLiga week-eight match against Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother