Zidane subs Courtois for Areola at half-time against Brugge
The Real Madrid coach took his Belgian keeper off after 45 minutes in the Champions League game against Brugge.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was taken off at half-time in their Champions League match against Brugge, with new keeper Alphonse Areola coming on in his place, with the Belgian visitors leading 2-0.
Courtois' form in doubt
Courtois, whose form has been questioned in recent weeks, was not entirely at fault for either of Brugge's two goals, but did little on the first, going left as Dennis managed to miskick the ball with his right foot with it then coming off his left leg and going in, and being beaten completely when Dennis, again, stumbled and somehow recovered to chip home for the second.
According to sources within Real Madrid, Courtois was feeling dizzy and suffering from stomach pains, with that being the reason he was substituted.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong