Josef Martinez targets Decision Day return
The Atlanta United striker went back to training just in time for the final regular-season game after suffering a knee injury that had him out of action.
Good news arrived for Atlanta United and manager Frank de Boer after losing one of their vital players due to injury. Five Stripes striker, Josef Martinez is back training with the rest of the team just in time for the MLS Decision Day.
Josef missed the games against New York City FC and Montreal Impact, where Atlanta lost and drew, but now Frank de Boer will have all his players available for the MLS postseason.
Martinez overcame a right knee injury that saw his 15 consecutive games scoring streak come to an end, which left him six games short of tying with Messi's world-record run.
This Sunday will be the last game of the MLS regular season and, although being back at training with his teammates, there's still a possibility Josef could miss the match against New England Revolution. Frank de Boer might choose to keep Martinez until the playoffs, where Atlanta will try to defend their MLS Cup crown.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"