Josef Martinez targets Decision Day return
The Atlanta United striker went back to training just in time for the final regular-season game after suffering a knee injury that had him out of action.
Good news arrived for Atlanta United and manager Frank de Boer after losing one of their vital players due to injury. Five Stripes striker, Josef Martinez is back training with the rest of the team just in time for the MLS Decision Day.
Josef missed the games against New York City FC and Montreal Impact, where Atlanta lost and drew, but now Frank de Boer will have all his players available for the MLS postseason.
Martinez overcame a right knee injury that saw his 15 consecutive games scoring streak come to an end, which left him six games short of tying with Messi's world-record run.
This Sunday will be the last game of the MLS regular season and, although being back at training with his teammates, there's still a possibility Josef could miss the match against New England Revolution. Frank de Boer might choose to keep Martinez until the playoffs, where Atlanta will try to defend their MLS Cup crown.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest