Messi's return brings calm to Barça
The return of 'La Pulga', who looks like he's here to stay this time, gave Barça more edge and more magic to see off Inter on Wednesday evening.
Messi's knowledge of the game never ceases to amaze. After only appearing sporadically and in short bursts this season, against Borussia Dortmund, Granada and Villarreal, he was able to see out the full 90 minutes against Inter and, more importantly, was able to bring that wisdom and innate talent of his to win the game. Messi just knows exactly when to turn the screw and, at the end, found Suárez, before the Uruguayan expertly placed the points in the bag. In short, Messi brings calm to Barça.
Steadying the Barcelona ship
The Argentine clearly saw a need to steady a slightly rocking ship at Barcelona and, speaking after the game, was keen not to talk directly about the board and those at the top of the club, nor about his relationship with Griezmann, although he did mention pre-season and not having "a base of training sessions". "It's true, and not a criticism," he added. The impression he left was that the squad and the board are moving in different directions, but the Argentine's return has come at exactly the right time.
"I wanted to finish the 90 minutes. Despite the tiredness, it was always going to be useful for getting up to speed", he said. Messi played his first game full game of the season and, after providing a vital assist, will now look to record his first goal of the campaign against an old favourite, Sevilla.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"