Cruz Azul score five against América for first time
Cruz Azul claimed a much-needed victory with flying colours, since they not only beat their hated rival but also handed América a historic defeat.
The Estadio Azteca opened its doors on Saturday night as Cruz Azul's home, for the Clásico Joven om an evening that saw Miguel Herrera's side endure a bizarre game, with La Máquina fans getting back the winning feeling.
Cruz Azul, with an unexpected awakening, thrashed América 5-2, the first time La Máquina have scored so many goals against their hated rivals.
Julio César Domínguez, Pablo Aguilar, Roberto Alvarado, Orbelín Pineda and Jonathan Rodríguez wrote their name in the history of the rivalry. Despite the outstanding Cruz Azul performance, this is not the top goal margin for the side of Robert Dante Siboldi.
There are three other duels that ended with a 4-0 in favor of Cruz Azul, the most recent in the Apertura 2014. Curiously, América were crowned champions of that tournament weeks later.
The other matches where that score happened were in the first leg of the 1990/91 playoffs and in week 14 of the Summer of 99.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia