Memo Ochoa's first victory with America is against Chivas
The Clasico Nacional goes to America after beating Guadalajara 4-1 at home in a game that saw two Chivas men sent off and Gio dos Santos suffering a terrible injury.
Intensity, passion, honor are words that come to mind when America and Chivas face each other in which is known as the Clasico Nacional, and this latest edition was no exception with both sides looking to make a statement, Las Aguilas wanting to get back onto the victory road while Chivas were seeking to end their bad streak they're having under new coach Fernando Tena.
America knows how powerful they are at home, and make full use of the pressure El Azteca stadium puts their opponents under. And with Chivas being the ultimate rival to score a home win over.
Final from the Azteca pic.twitter.com/6LKQZ7bnWi— Club América EN (@ClubAmerica_EN) September 29, 2019
Chivas went into the match with good intentions but couldn't withstand the pressure America put them under, with Las Aguilas striking first in hand with Sebastian Cordova, who scored twice on the night; however, there was some bad news as Giovani dos Santos was rushed to hospital after suffering what appeared to be very serious injury after being on the receiving emnd of a Briseño tackle.
Chivas finished the game with nine men, the first to see red was Antonio Briseño in the first half, with Alan Cervantes being ejected in the second half, Pulido gave hope to Chivas with a goal, but it was not enough to stop America, who ended beating the Guadalajara-based side to become victors of the Clasico Nacional.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?