A beauty gives Carlos Vela the single-season scoring record
The LAFC captain had a dream night to close the MLS regular season, netting a hat-trick with his second goal being a bicycle to break the single-season scoring record.
Carlos Vela closed the MLS regular season with flying colors as the LAFC captain not only broke Josef Martinez's single-season scoring record, he led his team to a 3-1 victory with a superb hat-trick.
Vela put his name in the MLS record books after an outstanding night against Colorado and edged closer to the Golden Boot and the MVP.
Carlitos reached a total of 34 goals in 31 appearances with LAFC this regular season, becoming the most clinical striker of the US league.
With his hat-trick, Vela left behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the Golden Boot race and Josef Martinez setting himself as the top single-season scorer, with a new mark of 34 goals, now it's time for the postseason.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga The twenty innovations that have changed Spanish football
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi absolutely needs to rest"
- Liverpool 1-1 Burnley Klopp explains referee row at end of Burnley match
- CORONAVIRUS Disney World opens despite coronavirus: Park Restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: tens of thousands of Americans sent two payments by mistake