Ex-Dortmund boys take Premier League September awards
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp have been recognised for their success in September.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been named the Premier League Player of the Month after scoring in each of his four appearances in September.
Arsenal striker Aubameyang netted a brace in a 2-2 draw at Watford and notched crucial equalisers against Tottenham and Manchester United, along with an 84th-minute winner in a come-from-behind 3-2 triumph over Aston Villa.
His five-goal haul helped the Gunners go unbeaten during the month after their August ended in a 3-1 loss to Liverpool.
Aubameyang now has seven for the season in the Premier League, one fewer than joint Golden Boot leaders Tammy Abraham and Sergio Aguero.
The former Borussia Dortmund star beat out Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kevin De Bruyne, Riyad Mahrez, John McGinn, Ricardo Pereira, Son Heung-min and Callum Wilson to claim the honour for the second time in his career.
Jurgen Klopp, meanwhile, has won the Manager of the Month award, adding to his August accolade.
Under the German's stewardship, Liverpool continued their perfect start to the campaign with victories over Newcastle United, Chelsea and Sheffield United.
Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard and Brendan Rodgers were the other bosses in contention.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates