Robert Moreno asks for three wins
One point guarantees our qualification, a point we hope to achieve in Stockholm. But Robert Moreno is looking further ahead: he wants three victories in the remainder of the qualifying phase to see us head off to the European Championships confirmed as group winners. I like many things about Robert Moreno, a modest guy, who fell into the position of coach through difficult circumstances. He regularly demonstrates moments of sensitivity. Just yesterday his decision to make a change against Norway was questioned. "We looked very defensive," he confessed. It is not often for a coach to be critical of himself. The usual thing is to complain about the pitch, the referee or something lacking in his players.
Three victories, then. Let's see if the first one comes today. King's penalty put paid to the one we hoped for in Oslo. And, to be honest, we can't have any complaints. It was the first match during this group phase that left us cold, and not only because of the draw. When we are controlling play, little comes of it. I had the feeling that our attack was poorly designed. And when Norway attacked there were moments of disorder, with a certain indiscipline. Sometimes it happens: a better team plays badly against a team worse than them, possibly for complacency. The worst thing about football is to get into a rut, something I worry happened there.
Attacking concerns in Stockholm
Today there is a stronger opponent and we will be missing 'super captain', Sergio Ramos, who has remained with the group and trained with everyone yesterday. The advantage is that we go into this clash with the warning of Saturday and, I'm sure, with a desire to improve in all areas, starting with Moreno, who announced yesterday that there would be changes, although without specifying which ones. What interests me most is to see what solution is found for our attack, where the problems continue. With Alcácer now out and Rodrigo a serious doubt, I'm concerned we're going to miss Morata, who was left behind in Madrid. It's a good test for a coach who has been dealing well with the challenges, but whose record was stained in Oslo.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest