Casemiro's fourth yellow rescinded as El Clásico looms
The independent Spanish sports body (TAD) have removed the yellow card the player was handed against Villarreal with the Brazilian now on a running total of 3 yellows.
Casemiro will be able to play against Mallorca on Saturday night without the pressure of acquiring another yellow card. A booking handed out to the player in match day three of the 2019-20 season (away to Villarreal) has been overturned after Real Madrid took their appeal to the governmental sports tribunal (Tribunal Administrativo del Deporte, TAD).
The TAD, in their ruling stated that the images studied of the infringement that secured the yellow card were not compatible in their view with the punishment handed out by referee Gil Manzano and as a consequence made the overturn the decision to award the Brazilian a yellow card.
Zidane will now be able to play Casemiro in the Mallorca without the worry of the Brazilian accruing another yellow that would have ruled him out of the first El Clásico of the season the following week-end as Madrid travel to Camp Nou. The TAD ruling will come as an added relief for the coach given the spate of injuries affecting his central players with Kroos, Modric and Lucas Vázquez currently out of action.
Casemiro is one of Zidane's most used players this season having played 870 minutes with his only break being the final half hour in the home game against Levante (3-2). The Brazilian midfielder returns to club action having played in both Brazil friendly games in Singapore participating in both 1-1 draws against Nigeria and Senegal.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series