Borussia Dortmund 14-year-old Youssoufa Moukoko becomes UEFA Youth League's youngest scorer
Youssoufa Moukoko made his mark on the UEFA Youth League for Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday despite only being 14 years old.
Borussia Dortmund's Youssoufa Moukoko made history on Wednesday by scoring in the UEFA Youth League at just 14 years of age. The Germany Under-16 international netted after eight minutes of Dortmund's meeting against Inter Milan to become the competition's youngest ever goalscorer.
Moukoko smashes Youth League record
Moukoko does not turn 15 until next month, meaning he smashed the previous record – 16 years and 30 days, held jointly by Ajax's Youri Regeer and Olympiacos' Christos Liatsos.
After scoring 50 goals during the 2018-19 campaign, Moukoko earned promotion to Dortmund's under-19 setup for this season and has caught the eye of Germany boss Joachim Löw. "I've been speaking to [Dortmund U19 coach] Michael Skibbe for a while," Löw told the Bundesliga's official website. "Everyone involved is well advised to wait and let [Moukoko] develop in peace."
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement