SLAVIA PRAGUE 1-2 BARCELONA
Valverde on Slavia: "They were like wolves"
"We had chances to score more goals, but they went all at it and squeezed us a lot," said Ernesto Valverde following Barcelona's win over Slavia Prague.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde spoke to Spanish broadcaster Movistar following his side’s suffered 2-1 victory against Slavia Prague on Wednesday night.
Uncontrolled game: "It was the kind of match that was expected if neither side owned the scoreboard. There were phases in which we have dominated, in the first half we did well, attacking clearly. But it was seen that when we lost any ball, they would attack with danger. We had chances to score more goals, but they went all at it and squeezed us a lot."
A game without pause or calm: “You have to know how to play these games. We lacked more peace of mind in the opponent’s half. We had clearer chances than they did, but they could have hurt us. They were like wolves.”
Ter Stegen, important saves: "He has been an important for us."
Messi, 15 successive seasons scoring in the Champions League: "He is the player who is able to decide on any play."
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?