Rodrygo not in Castilla squad as Zidane has final say
Despite the lack of a game this weekend for Real Madrid, Rodrygo will remain with the first team as Zidane opts to keep him close where he can watch him develop.
Rodrygo arrived at Real Madrid as an 18-year-old aware that minutes in the first team were going to be hard to come by. He had no issue being named in Raúl's Castilla squad to start his career in Madrid and said so at his Real Madrid presentation.
The Brazilian has played two games for Castilla and it looks like his time with the reserves is over. There was a chance that he would return to Castilla's team this weekend but Raúl named his squad to play Racing de Ferrol at Veldebabas and their is no sign of the teenager.
Despite the lack of attackers, Raúl can not count on Rodrygo, who is going through a sweet moment at the club after winning his first start against Galatasaray. He was also called up to the Brazil squad on Friday too.
Pedro, the starter for Castilla is out with injury and Rodrygo Rodrigues is also out due to injury. Raúl could really use Rodrygo but Zidane's has had his say and he wants to keep the Brazilian close to him.
"I took a chance on him and he play a great game," Zidane said after the game in Turkey. "He has done really well, he will be a very important player. He is a first team player, we don't forget that. He can play with Castilla but he is with us. I am delighted with his performance."
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch