Mbappé was born to play for Real Madrid
Mbappé is 20 years old and there are few players who look likely to eclipse him when the light dims on the careers of Barcelona's Messi and Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo. Neymar? Too often lacks professionalism. Vinicius and Rodrygo? Too many doubts yet to be cleared up. Dembélé? Too often lacks drive and focus. Asensio? His progress was stalling and his injury has only made things worse. Ansu Fati? Let's see in another two years... At 18 Mbappé was already a star, having done it in the Champions League with Monaco and a starter in Deschamps' side. He currently leads World Cup winners France.
Real Madrid on the cusp of signing Mbappé
Real Madrid had Mbappé in the palm of their hand in 2017. He looked like easy prey after the publication of photos of the young forward posing as a young boy in the bedroom of his family home in the Bondy neighbourhood on the outskirts of Paris. The walls of his bedroom were covered in posters and photos of Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo celebrating goals in the famous white shirt. There was only one obstacle: the salary Mbappé was demanding, which would have broken the pay structure at the Bernabéu. And PSG took full advantage to swoop in for him. How things have changed. Today nobody at the Bernabéu would have any problem in putting Mbappé right at the top of the salary scale on the day of his arrival at Real Madrid.
Madrid's aim right now is focused on convincing Mbappé to refuse the renewal offer he's had from PSG since the summer. His current deal is up in 2022, and as of June 2020, PSG will be obliged to extend his contract or sell him. That's the moment Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez is waiting for. Mbappé was born to play for Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother