Granada take the top spot in LaLiga
Granada's remarkable return to LaLiga continued on Sunday as another win lifted them above Barcelona to the top of the table.
Granada moved to the top of LaLiga after a 1-0 win over Real Betis on Sunday, less than five months on from their promotion back to the top flight.
Diego Martinez's side took advantage of the postponed Clasico between Barcelona and Real Madrid, with Alvaro Vadillo's second-half goal sealing all three points at Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes.
The Andalusian side have enjoyed a remarkable return to LaLiga after two seasons in the second tier, winning six of their opening 10 games, including a memorable 2-0 victory over Barca on September 21.
With Barca not playing this weekend after their clash with Madrid was postponed, Granada were able to move a point clear at the top of the table.
Their haul of 20 points from 10 games this season is as many as they managed from all 38 league matches when they were relegated in 2016-17.
They could be dethroned when Ernesto Valverde's side take on Real Valladolid in their game in hand on Tuesday at Camp Nou.
Civil unrest in Catalonia forced the first Clasico of the 2019-20 season to be rearranged for December 18.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"