Frankfurt thrash 10-man Bayern Munich 5-1
Eintracht Frankfurt crushed Bayern Munich on Saturday to send them tumbling to fourth in the Bundesliga, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Eintracht Frankfurt crushed 10-man Bayern Munich 5-1 on Saturday to send them tumbling to fourth in the Bundesliga, four points behind leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach who won 2-1 at Bayer Leverkusen.
Boateng sent off
First-half goals from Filip Kostic and Djibril Sow put the hosts in the driving seat with Bayern down to 10 after the ninth minute dismissal of Jérôme Boateng with a red card for a foul. The Bavarians briefly cut the deficit in the 37th minute through top scorer Robert Lewandowski, who has now netted at least once in each of their 10 league games, but David Abraham restored Frankfurt's two-goal cushion in the 49th minute.
Paciencia completes Frankfurt rout
Martin Hinteregger's header on the hour made sure of the three points and Goncalo Paciencia completed a horrible afternoon for Bayern, piling more pressure on embattled coach Niko Kovac ahead of next week's big clash with Borussia Dortmund.
Elsewhere, 'Gladbach, on 22 points, increased their lead at the top to three over Dortmund who beat Vfl Wolfsburg 3-0
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Child tax credit 2022: why did families only receive payments for six months?
- NFL Five takeaways from NFL playoffs divisional round: Rodgers, Mahomes...
- NFL San Francisco 49ers vs LA Rams: schedule, TV channel and where to watch live the NFC Conference finals
- WORLD NEWS Earthquakes in Israel: what magnitude were they and what are the consequences?
- Barcelona Barcelona have one week to complete two signings
- NFL Tom Brady too upset about Bucs' playoff exit to consider future