Tonali: Brescia slap €300m price tag on prized asset
The rising Brescia and Italy star, 19, has been linked with Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético Madrid, Inter and Manchester United.
Sandro Tonali insisted he is "not scared" about his €300million valuation as Europe's elite eye the Brescia and Italy sensation.
Brescia owner and president Massimo Cellino said it would take an offer of €300m for the Serie A side to part with prized asset Tonali.
Tonali – who broke into Brescia's first team at the age of 17 – has been linked to Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético Madrid, Inter and Manchester United.
Tonali: "I'm like Gattuso but more technical"
Asked about the price tag ahead of Italy's Euro 2020 qualifier against Bosnia-Herzegovina, the 19-year-old playmaker – who made his international debut last month – told Rai Sport: "I love President Cellino very much and he rates me highly.
"He's a great person and I hope to travel down a good road with him.
"After the match against Fiorentina, he said he wouldn't even sell me for €300m, but that doesn't scare me, even if it really is a lot of money.
"I'm confident about what we'll do this season. For now I'm not thinking about the market, I just want to help Brescia stay up."
Tonali came off the bench to make his Italy bow in the country's 5-0 rout of Liechtenstein in Euro 2020 qualifying on October 15.
The Brescia star has been compared to Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso and Daniele De Rossi – who now plays for Boca Juniors.
On those comparisons, Tonali added: "Being compared to Pirlo doesn't bother me, but I think we're very different because he had indescribable technique and quality.
"I consider myself to be like Gattuso but more technical. He's always been my role model."
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection