Atlético Madrid close to signing Bruno Guimarães
Rodrigo Gama, Paranaense's lawyer, was in Spain last week putting the finishing touches to the €30 million transfer to Atletico Madrid.
Atlético Madrid are very close to signing Brazilian midfielder, Bruno Guimaraes, from Atlético Paranaense. The club have a first refusal option on the 22-year-old, which is in place until 2020, at a price between €25 and €30 million. Moves have been made to put that option into affect.
According to Yahoo, the footballer rejected the idea of renewing with Paranaense. He has a contract until 2023 and a release clause of €40 million. The second step has also been taken by Atlético Madrd, As understand.
The Brazilian club's lawyer, Rodrigo Gama, was in Madrid last week working out the details of a contract for the player. The move could be sped up with Flamengo also moving to sign the player. There has also been interest from Chelsea, Benfica and Porto. The signing of Renan Lodi from Paranaense, four months ago, has worked out well with the Brazilian playing 1,155 minutes so far this season, the fourth most by any Diego Simeone player.
Bruno Guimaraes is considered one of Paraneanse's young gems. He is a defensive midfielder and came to the attention of scouts from Atlético, who were watching Lodi. He is a technical player with the ability to add to the attack and also read play in order to break up opposing attacks too.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD CUP 2022 Fourth World Cup stadium ready for inauguration on 18 December
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Jota makes Liverpool history, Arsenal draw another blank
- premier league Klopp cheers Firmino display as Liverpool set new club record
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: why are Trump’s legal challenges continuing despite Georgia being certified for Biden?