Shakira gets the crowd going ahead of Piqué's Davis Cup final
The Colombian singer, and wife to the new Davis Cup tournament boss, Barcelona's Gerard Piqué, was out shaking her stuff in front of Sergio Ramos, Asensio, James...
When Barcelona star Gerard Piqué was developing his new-look Davis Cup competition, it would be interesting to know when he considered giving his wife, Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, the starring role ahead of the tennis finale.
Shakira opens up Piqué's finale
The Colombian singer performed a number of her songs, including Una loba en el armario, and had dancers on stage with her to whip the home crowd in Madrid into a frenzy before the teams of Spain and Canada took to the court.
Pique himself was, of course, in the stands, along with the ITF executives and its president, David Haggerty. Also in attendance was King Felipe VI; the Minister of Culture and Sports, José Guirao, and a number of other political and sporting representatves.
The world of football was also well covered, with the likes of Marcos Alonso, Marco Asensio, James Rodríguez and Sergio Ramos, the latter who went with his wife, model and TV presenter, Pilar Rubio. Various other Spanish celebrities got along to see if their country could go on to win the inaugural tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness