Flamengo looking at Diego Costa as Gabigol replacement
Costa is out until the new year with a herniated disk but Copa Libertadores winners, Flamengo, are looking for a replacement for Gabigol.
Filipe Luis' exit last summer to Flamengo resulted in them winning the Copa Libertadores. It might not be the last transfer between the clubs though because they are now looking at his former teammate, Diego Costa, as a replacement for Copa hero Gabigol. That is according to Goal, who say the clubs have initiated contacts on a deal that could be worth between €25 and €30 million.
"He is an ideal player for Flamengo," said Filipe Luis. "For his style of play. He will have the fans on his side quickly and I hope to be here to live that dream. It was be great." After being offered another year on his deal, Filipe Luis rejected that and returned home where he quickly added two titles to his CV.
Costa has been ruled out with a herniated disk in his back and could spend the next couple of months on the sideline. The situation is like dèjá vú for Simeone, who lost his strike with a foot injury last year around the same time. He didn't return then until February and is not the same player he once was since he moved from Chelsea back to Atlético Madrid in 2017.
There was an offer during his time at Chelsea from China, which would have seen him make €100 million for three season. He rejected it. The one issue with his return to Brazil is his high wages, currently around €10 million. Dani Alves is the highest paid in the country at present on around €3.5 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss