Bayern Munich planning move for Mikel Oyarzabal
Various media outlets in Germany report that the Real Sociedad and Spain forward is high on Bayern Munich's priorities to strengthen the left wing.
The poor season which Bayern Munich are experiencing has prompted the club's technical department to scour the markets in search of reinforcements for next season. Several German newspapers are reporting that one of the club's key objectives is Real Sociedad's Spanish international, Mikel Oyarzabal. The 22-year-old is enjoying another brilliant season for the Donostiarras and for Bayern, he would be the ideal solution to strengthen the left wing. The German champions have also stated an interest in Manchester City's Leroy Sané for the same position but that operation, apart from being extremely complicated, would also be expensive.
Real Sociedad would be reluctant to sell Oyarzabal
Oyarzabal is under contract with La Real until 2024 and his release clause is set at 60 million euros. He has received offers from the Premier League but struck a new deal with the Basque side which has made him the squad's highest earner. Oyarzabal is one of the success stories of Real Sociedad's acclaimed youth programme which the club is fiercely proud of. For that reason, it is highly unlikely that club president Jokin Aperribay would sanction his sale which would mean Bayern would have no option but to agree terms with the player and meet his buy-out.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?