Lionel Messi named LaLiga player of the month for November
The Argentine striker caps a fine week of awards with the LaLiga Santander award for 'Player of the month' for November 2019.
Lionel Messi's week has been littered with awards. After the Barcelona captain scooped his sixth Ballon' d'Or award in Paris on Monday night, today, the Argentine striker was named as the best player in LaLiga for the month of November.
Ya tenemos al Mejor Jugador del Mes de noviembre en @LaLiga #LaLigaSantander...— Santander España (@santander_es) December 6, 2019
⚡ LEO MESSI ⚡
⚽ 4 goles del LÍDER AZULGRANA 🔝
¡El argentino del @FCBarcelona_es recibirá el galardón ante su afición!
¡UN APLAUSO! 👏 pic.twitter.com/jvOZ9YqmbW
Despite the Catalan club just playing three league games in the month, Messi was instrumental in both wins and the surprise defeat away to Levante in match-day 12 as Valverde's men fell 3-1 with Messi bagging the sole goal for Barça.
It was a matter of business as usual the following week as Celta Vigo were on the wrong side of a 4-1 drubbing at Camp Nou with the Barcelona captain bagging three of the four on the night. Away to Leganes on November 23rd, the Catalans left with maximum points in a game of attrition against the struggling "Cucumber Harvesters" with the Argentine delivering the assist to propel Barcelona to a 1-2 win.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds