AC Milan: Atalanta thrashing worst Serie A loss for 21 years
Not since 1998 had AC Milan suffered a worse loss in Serie A than they did to Atalanta on Sunday - a new low for the club this season.
Milan's 5-0 hammering at the hands of Atalanta was their worst defeat in Serie A for 21 years.
Josip Ilicic scored twice, while Alejandro Gómez, Mario Pasalic and Luis Muriel were also on target for the rampant hosts in Bergamo.
Pioli on thin ice at San Siro
5 - AC Milan have lost a Serie A game with at least 5 goal margin for the fourth time in their history; the join-worst defeat in the competition (the last was back in May 1998 vs Roma). Crushed. #AtalantaMilan— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) December 22, 2019
It was a day Stefano Pioli and his dejected Rossoneri will want to forget and it marked just the fourth time in the club's history they have been beaten by a five-goal margin.
The last such instance was in May 1998 when Roma hammered Milan in the capital with goals from Vincent Candela, Luigi Di Biagio (2), Paulo Sergio and Marco Delvecchio.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?