AC Milan: Atalanta thrashing worst Serie A loss for 21 years
Not since 1998 had AC Milan suffered a worse loss in Serie A than they did to Atalanta on Sunday - a new low for the club this season.
Milan's 5-0 hammering at the hands of Atalanta was their worst defeat in Serie A for 21 years.
Josip Ilicic scored twice, while Alejandro Gómez, Mario Pasalic and Luis Muriel were also on target for the rampant hosts in Bergamo.
Pioli on thin ice at San Siro
5 - AC Milan have lost a Serie A game with at least 5 goal margin for the fourth time in their history; the join-worst defeat in the competition (the last was back in May 1998 vs Roma). Crushed. #AtalantaMilan— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) December 22, 2019
It was a day Stefano Pioli and his dejected Rossoneri will want to forget and it marked just the fourth time in the club's history they have been beaten by a five-goal margin.
The last such instance was in May 1998 when Roma hammered Milan in the capital with goals from Vincent Candela, Luigi Di Biagio (2), Paulo Sergio and Marco Delvecchio.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Parents charged after Michigan school shooting: what is involuntary manslaughter?
- NFL What are the most common injuries in NFL?
- SOCCER Real Madrid: Ancelotti encourages Mbappé to follow his dreams
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale close to making Real Madrid return
- BARCELONA Barcelona hoping to offload Samuel Umtiti in January
- NBA Jordan, Shaq, Harden... The players who led to NBA rule changes