United turn tables on Newcastle to move up to seventh
Anthony Martial was on target twice as Manchester United bounced back in style after going behind against Newcastle United at Old Trafford.
Anthony Martial scored twice as Manchester United hit back in emphatic fashion from a rocky start against Newcastle United to open their Christmas programme with a 4-1 victory at Old Trafford on Thursday.
United respond with three goals in 45 minutes
Teenager Matty Longstaff had given Newcastle a surprise 17th-minute lead - reviving memories of his winner against United in the reverse fixture at St James' Park this season. But the hosts struck three times before half-time. Anthony Martial's shot crept in at the near post six minutes later to calm the Old Trafford jitters and youngster Mason Greenwood thumped home a second before Marcus Rashford's header put the hosts in control.
Martial.— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 26, 2019
🎩✨ Magic. pic.twitter.com/EZ3llm08Hp
Pogba comes on as second half sub
Newcastle hardly helped themselves with some dreadful defending and they gifted Martial a second goal in the 51st minute to make the result a formality. United could have scored more with Paul Pogba making an appearance off the bench and almost adding a fifth. It was the perfect response to last weekend's 2-0 defeat by Watford for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side who are in seventh spot with 28 points, four behind fourth-placed Chelsea. Newcastle are 10th with 25 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?