Turkish delight for Coentrao as he prepares for top flight return
The Portuguese defender has been without a club since the summer since the conclusion of his deal with Rio Ave. Istanbul appears to be the next destination for the 31-year-old.
Fabio Coentrao appears poised for a return to top flight football with the 31-year-old being without a club since his deal with Portuguese top flight Rio Ave concluded this summer. The former Real Madrid defender was also involved in talks with Greek Super League side PAOK during the summer months but based on family motives decided against moving to Thessaloniki.
A career lifeline has been thrown the Portuguese players way in the shape of Istanbul giants Fenerbahce who appear poised to offer the vetaran defender a deal in the Turkish Super Lig.
🚨 Transfer News 🚨— Turkish Football (@TurkishFBall) December 27, 2019
31-year-old left-back, Fábio Coentrão has reached an agreement to sign for Fenerbahçe. He is a free agent after leaving Portuguese outfit Rio Ave. pic.twitter.com/4UlgELHFx1
31-year-old Coentrao can add the name of the "Canaries" to his long list of clubs which include the likes of Sporting CP, Real Madrid, Mónaco, Benfica, Zaragoza, Nacional and Rio Ave.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement