Zidane: "For me there's no doubt, Courtois is the best"
Zidane praised the Belgian who kept a clean sheet at Getafe and admitted it was a hard slog for his side to take all three points from a tough ground.
Zinedine Zidane attended television cameras in the flash zone after Real Madrid's 0-3 win over Getafe at the Coliseum. The coach said he was happy with the intensity shown by his players and for gaining a result at a difficult ground.
Important win: "Yes, at a tough ground. It's not easy to come here and get a result and we've done that. It's an important win for us and one we had to fight for".
What pleased you most about your team? "The effort they put in, the solidarity and intensity they showed. We read the game well. We suffered and struggled to move the ball out from our half in the firstb 45 minutes. But we improved in the second half when we played more direct. We've come away with a good result by battling even though it wasn't a great game of football".
Madrid made to work for all three points in Getafe
Getafe are a tough side to break down: "Yes, we knew that. We knew that they would make it difficult for us, but in the end, we got what we wanted".
How did you manage to counteract Getafe's game: "We knew that they would play a very direct game - they always do. There were two or three momenst when we suffered but with Courtois playing well and the team pulling together we came through. Sometimes you have to suffer and we did today. It was a different game and we have to accept that we have come away with a win and a clean sheet. I'm happy about that. People were talking about us starting the year badly but we've got off to a good start"
Pressure on Barça: "That's the least of our worries. All that matters to us is what we did today, get three more points, it's a very testing Liga. All I can say is that today, the lads were really up for it, they played with tremendous intensity which is what they needed to do".
Courtois: "I'm happy with him and I'm sure he's happy with the game he put in. He's our goalkeeper, we're happy witn him. We have to keep this up, keeping cleans sheets… He's my keeper, for me he's the best, no doubt about it".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?