Mexico confirms March friendlies against Czech Republic and Greece
After winning the Gold Cup, El Tri will start the year playing in the United States against two European teams in March.
In preparation for their Concacaf Nations League semifinal in June, as well as the start of 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying, Mexico’s national side will play in a two-match US tour with matches against two European teams.
The first friendly in March will be against the Czech Republic on the 26 with the second game three days later against Greece. However, according to TUDN reporter, Gibran Araige, Mexico’s coach, Gerardo Martino, is not satisfied with the rivals national side bosses have chosen to kick off the year.
Martino wanted bigger names
The idea Gerardo Martino had, was to play against Top 20 teams in the current FIFA World Ranking and preferably to play both games in European stadiums. The Mexican Football Federation was unable to satisfy Martino because they have a contract with SUM to play certain amount of friendlies in the United States, meaning Top 20 teams in the FIFA World Ranking declined the offer to do the trip.
The first friendly of the year against Czech Republic on March 26, 2020 will be played in Charlotte. The second friendly against Greece on March 29 will be held in Dallas, most likely at the Cowboy’s stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia