Mexico confirms March friendlies against Czech Republic and Greece
After winning the Gold Cup, El Tri will start the year playing in the United States against two European teams in March.
In preparation for their Concacaf Nations League semifinal in June, as well as the start of 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying, Mexico’s national side will play in a two-match US tour with matches against two European teams.
The first friendly in March will be against the Czech Republic on the 26 with the second game three days later against Greece. However, according to TUDN reporter, Gibran Araige, Mexico’s coach, Gerardo Martino, is not satisfied with the rivals national side bosses have chosen to kick off the year.
Martino wanted bigger names
The idea Gerardo Martino had, was to play against Top 20 teams in the current FIFA World Ranking and preferably to play both games in European stadiums. The Mexican Football Federation was unable to satisfy Martino because they have a contract with SUM to play certain amount of friendlies in the United States, meaning Top 20 teams in the FIFA World Ranking declined the offer to do the trip.
The first friendly of the year against Czech Republic on March 26, 2020 will be played in Charlotte. The second friendly against Greece on March 29 will be held in Dallas, most likely at the Cowboy’s stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?