Real Betis sign Guido Rodríguez from América
América thanked the Argentine midfielder for his committment to the club while his new club Real Betis welcomed him to La Liga.
After weeks of negotiations, América and Real Betis have reached an agreement for Guido Rodríguez, who joins the Spanish club on a four and a half year deal which will take him to 2024. The Mexican club took to social media to thank Guido for his help in their recent successes in the Mexican championship, the Copa MX and the ‘Campeon de Campeones’.
¡Gracias @Guido_Rodriguez por tu esfuerzo y dedicación!— Club América (@ClubAmerica) 14 de enero de 2020
Saliste a dejarlo todo en cada partido, defendiste nuestros colores como todo un campeón.
Ahora toca mostrar tu grandeza en Europa. #SOMOSAMÉRICA #SiempreÁguilas 🦅 pic.twitter.com/sk8r6UZTZT
Since his arrival in Mexico in 2017, Guido Rodríguez has consistently been one of the best players in the Liga MX - both with Xolos and then América. “I will always say how grateful I am to have come to Mexico and played for these two clubs. I have much love for them, especially América and that is all that matters”, the midfielder said before boarding a plane bound for Seville.
The feeling was mutual. América thanked the player for his time in Mexico City while Real Betis welcomed him by putting together a video of a jaguar prowling in the wild, interspaced with a complilation of some of his best goals.
While details of the signing haven't been disclosed, it is believed that Betis paid a fee of around 8 million dollars for Guido.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side