David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
New MLS franchise are close to securing Qatar as their main sponsor for their first season, David Beckham’s team have been negotiating this deal for months
Inter Miami and David Beckham are in talks with Qatar over a new sponsorship deal according to The Athletic. The new MLS team finally got up and running this month and are set to make their debut in the MLS 2020 season.
The negotiations with Qatar are said to be at an advanced stage and a deal could be closed in the next few days. The deal will cover the kit sponsorship and possibly naming rights to the club’s Freedom Park Stadium, which is due to open in 2022.
David Beckham’s club is currently without a sponsor for the new season but according to reports in the Athletic, he has been negotiating with Qatar for the past few months and a deal is expected the team's kit if officially unveiled.
Inter Miami make their debut on 1 March against LAFC at the Banc of California Stadium but have a series of friendly games lined up before that - they will face Philadelphia Union on 15 February, FC Dallas on 22 February and Charleston on a date which has yet to be confirmed.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?