Nicolas Castillo was LA Galaxy's alternative to Chicharito
The Chilean striker was in the orbit of the MLS team if they failed to sign Chicharito from Sevilla; for now he will remain in America for the rest of the season.
Javier Hernandez will spend the rest of the season with LA Galaxy but if the Mexican striker had decided to stay with Sevilla, the MLS club had an alternative plan - América's Nicolas Castillo. According to the LA Times, the Chilean striker held talks with Galaxy officials but nothing develped from those conversations.
According to reports, Galaxy’s first option was always Chicharito but they had Nicolas Castillo in mind if negotiations with Sevilla foundered. Head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto had given his approval to negotiate for the Chilean striker.
Sevilla coach, Julen Lopetegui confirmed that Javier Hernández will be playing in the MLS this season. Galaxy are expected to confirm the signing of the 31-year-old striker who should be officially presented later this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news