Dani Olmo to join RB Leipzig instead of Barcelona or Atlético
According to AS sources, the talented Spaniard will join for five and a half seasons, with the news to be made official soon.
Dani Olmo is joining RB Leipzig, AS have learned. The highly-rated Spanish international will leave Dinamo Zagreb, a club he moved to at the age of 16 from Barcelona, to sign for the current Bundesliga leaders.
Olmo to Leipzig with Spurs ahead
The transfer figure is believed to be around 30 million euros and also includes a series of add-ons that could reach €45m. The player will sign for the remainder of the season and five more campaigns.
By securing the Spaniard, the German team has beaten off some of Europe's elite clubs who were also knocking on Olmo's door, in particular, Atlético Madrid and Barcelona. The rojiblancos were very close to signing him last summer and were interested again in this January market, but were unable to sell players first to provide funds. Barça also failed to make their bid materialise.
Olmo will be part of Leipzig's Champions League squad, one of his key objectives, and will face up against José Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur in the Last 16. It was Dinamo's elimination in the group phase that convinced him to head to pastures new at this point in the season and he is determined to convince Luis Enrique that he should be part of the Spanish national team squad for this summer's European Championships.
As well as potentially having a European adventure in his immediate future, Olmo is also joining Leipzig with a four-point cushion ahead of Bayern Munich, with a potential title in sight. What a season it could be.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster