Official: Madrid loanee Vallejo joins Granada from Wolves
Real Madrid have confirmed that Jesús Vallejo will join Granda, cutting short his loan agreement with Wolves after a disappointing few months at Molineux.
Real Madrid have confirmed that Jesús Vallejo will join Granada on loan until the end of the season.
The 23-year-old defender will leave Wolves after the Premier League club agreed to cancel the one-season-long loan agreement, which was the desire of all parties involved.
Having joined Wolves this summer, Vallejo has had little prominence, playing just seven games for coach Nuno, with his last appearance coming more than two months ago.
The Spanish centre back had several proposals on the table, including Leganés and Eintracht Frankfurt. But he finally opted for Granada knowing that he will be a key figure in Diego Martinez’s plans for the rest of the season.
Vallejo set for Olympics
Vallejo’s main objective is to secure continuity after a disappointing spell in England, as his main goal this year is to make the Spain team for the Tokyo Olympics.
Born in 1997, Vallejo has captained La Roja to European Championship glory at both U19 and U21 levels. Should everything go smoothly at Granada, he will almost certainly receive the call up to Luis de la Fuente’s Olympic squad.
Madrid are very confident in the young centre-back’s ability. Before he left for Wolves last summer, the club decided to renew his contract until 2025 on the firm belief that he will play an important role at the Bernabéu in the near future.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win