Man Utd provide 19-year-old memories for Ole at Tranmere
A goal glut in the first half against Tranmere Rovers saw Manchester United reach a 19-year high, giving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a lift.
Manchester United scored five times in the first half of a competitive match for the first time in 19 years against Tranmere Rovers on Sunday.
Ole gets fond 'five' memories
With two wins from seven games in all competitions and just six goals scored in 2020, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had been feeling the pressure ahead of the visit to Prenton Park.
United made light of a wretched playing surface, though, with a ruthless first 45 minutes putting them 5-0 ahead.
Harry Maguire scored his first goal for the club with a thumping strike from 25 yards, before Diogo Dalot and Jesse Lingard made it 3-0 after 16 minutes.
Phil Jones' towering header – his first United goal since March 2014 – made it 4-0 and Anthony Martial added a fifth shortly before the break.
The last time United scored five in the first half of a match was back in February 2001, when they destroyed Arsenal in a 6-1 Premier League victory at Old Trafford.
4 - Harry Maguire has scored four goals from outside the box in his club career, with all four coming in different competitions (FA Cup, Premier League, League One and the EFL Trophy). Leather. pic.twitter.com/4RtFaMv7mq— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 26, 2020
Solskjaer scored the fifth goal that day, which also featured a Dwight Yorke hat-trick and further strikes from Roy Keane and Teddy Sheringham.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates