Atlético set to sign Carrasco as Cavani alternative
With the Cavani deal falling through, Atlético are on the verge of signing former club player Yannick Carrasco, who is already in Madrid.
While the Cavani deal has fallen through, Atlético Madrid are still determined to sign a striker before Friday night’s transfer market deadline and the chosen one is Yannick Carrasco.
Atléti are about to close the transfer of the Belgian striker from Chinese club, Dalian Yifang. In fact, the player is already in Madrid and on Friday the signing will be made official, following his passing of a medical and given both clubs can close a final agreement.
If the deal goes ahead as expected, the Belgian international will return to the same club he left to join Dalian Yifang in February, 2018. During his first spell at Atlético, Carrasco played 124 games, scoring 23 goals and providing 17 assists.
Atlético forced to seek loan deal for Carrasco
A loan agreement will be obligatory as the club have been unable to sell Lemar in a bid to reduce its salary bill. Chief executive, Miguel Ángel Gil Marín, gave the green light to close the operation so that Simeone can have the January reinforcement he has so desperately asked for.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades