Inter Miami sign Rodolfo Pizarro
According to reporter Fernando Cevallos, the Mexican midfielder accepted the terms to play in the MLS this year with David Beckham’s debuting team.
In the last day of the transfer window Inter Miami made a late bid to Monterrey to sign Rodolfo Pizarro, and he will become a franchise player for the new team in Major League Soccer. According to BeIn Sports reporter, Fernando Ceballos, David Beckham’s club paid close to 20 million dollars for the Mexican midfielder.
Pizarro would leave Monterrey after they are crowned champions and join Diego Alonso who he knows from their time at Pachuca. He already played two games with Rayados this semester but he was subbed out in both games.
According to the Athletics, Inter Miami and Monterrey have reached an agreement and now they have to discuss the player's salary. It had initially been reported that he would not be playing in the MLS because he wanted to try Europe or go back to Chivas.
It is not yet known when he will be presented for Inter Miami but he will be the third Mexican to be named a franchise player in the MLS this season.
Rodolfo Pizarro was born in Tampico and has played 265 games in the Mexican championship, where he has scored 33 goals and provided 29 assists. He has played 25 times for his country in friendlies, the Gold Cup, the Leagues Cup and in World Cup Qualifiers.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream