Juventus to make record bid for Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk
Serie A champions Juventus are reportedly preparing to test Liverpool with a massive transfer offer for defender Virgil van Dijk.
Liverpool might be cruising towards the title but the runaway Premier League leaders could still face a crucial fight in the near future.
According to a new report, star centre-back Virgil van Dijk has become a top target for Italian giants Juventus. With the defender having made such an impact at The Reds, it is hardly surprising that other top clubs would want to prise him away, and Juve have some form in this regard.
Could a record-breaking transfer to Turin appeal to the Netherlands international? Some believe so...
Juventus to make record bid for Van Dijk
Maurizio Sarri's Juve have identified Reds defender Van Dijk as the man to help achieve their Champions League dream, according to The Sun - therefore not a story likely to be read on Merseyside - although this is yet to be supported by other sources.
The Bianconeri are said to be preparing a €178.5million (£150m) offer in an attempt to entice Liverpool to consider parting company with the 28-year-old, who swapped Southampton for Anfield in a £75m move in January 2018.
The report claims Van Dijk "may be open to a move abroad" if he wins the Premier League this term, which now appears a mere formality.
The proposed fee would eclipse the £80m that saw Harry Maguire leave Leicester City for Manchester United and again make Van Dijk the world's most expensive player in his position.
- After signing Maguire, the Red Devils appear to be pining for another expensive defender. The Daily Star suggests the club will ramp up their attempts to capture Kalidou Koulibaly in the close season - although the Napoli centre-back could cost up to £90m.
- Arsenal rejected a deadline-day approach for Mesut Ozil from an unnamed Qatar club, the Mirror states. Ozil, 31, reportedly "would have been willing to listen" to an offer, but the contact came too late for the Gunners to arrange a replacement.
- LaLiga leaders Real Madrid considered signing teenage attacker Amine Gouiri and contacted Lyon before deciding against lodging a formal January bid, according to L'Equipe.
- Gouiri is not the only Lyon youngster attracting interest. Milan, already planning for next season, are monitoring the Ligue 1 club's promising right-back Pierre Kalulu, claims CalcioMercato.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"