Jesus Corona’s days as a starter for Cruz Azul might be over
After the team's draw against Toluca, Cruz Azul coach, Rober Siboldi said that he will take the next few days to decide whether Corona will start the next game or not.
Cruz Azul were beating Toluca 3-2 but were denied victory when Leonardo Fernandez hit a 95th-minute equaliser in the Week 4 of the Liga MX.
Fernandez's late goal was partly down to a mistake by goalkeeper Jesus Corona - and the home crowd were not pleased with the veteran shot stopper. After the game reporters asked Cruz Azul’s coach, Robert Siboldi, if Corona will start next week when the team hosts Pachuca.
“We will analyze the situation during this week's training sessions and I will do what is best for the team”, Siboldi explained. Fans are demanding that Sebastian Jurado should be the team's first choice goalkeeper from now on.
🇺🇾¡LEOOOOO FERNÁNDEEEEEZ! ¡Golaaazooooo! 🇺🇾— TUDN MEX (@TUDNMEX) February 2, 2020
El uruguayo empató el encuentro en los últimos segundos del encuentro. ¡Se repartieron puntos en el Nemesio Diez! Par-ti-da-zo.
😈Toluca 3-3 🚂 Cruz Azul#SomosElToluca | #UnaFormaDeVida | #TuLigaMx pic.twitter.com/3xUN7MBs7D
Siboldi added that Corona is the first to be annoyed: “Of course he is very affected by what happened. It is also true that Fernandez struck the ball with a lot of power and even though it looked easy for our goalkeeper, it wasn't, believe me. Corona has all our support.”
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash