Construction work on Lusail stadium enters closeout phase
The Lusail stadium, which will stage the inaugural game of 2022 World Cup Qatar as well as the final, is one of the venues expected to be finished in 2021.
The Lusail Stadium, which will stage the inaugural game of World Cup Qatar 2022 as well as the final, is one of the venues expected to be finished in 2021.
The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy, which is in charge of managing the projects and initiatives for the 2022 World Cup, are closely following how construction work on Lusail Stadium is coming along to ensure it is completed by the scheduled date.
The Committee published recently-taken photographs of the stadium on their Twitter account, which show how construction work is progressing as well as the initial stage of construction, which has just been completed. Now, the next phase of the project, relating to installations outside of the stadium, can commence.
While the photographs of the stadium were taken at night, they clearly demonstrate the aesthetic qualities of the building as well as the creative part in its design, which reflects Qatari’s economic hub city Lusail, a city with its own distinctive style.
The stadium will be opening its doors to investors, as another attraction for companies interested in investing in major tourist and economic projects.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass